Life of an English Hen

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

It's cold outside!

It is now a cold and dark night in Kyoto. Yesterday I was in my sandals for some of the day; today I was cold in my coat. I felt a bit lonely today, and missing people from home, especially my church community group and also some other key individuals! After class, as we crossed the road, I told Ko san that, from my class. I want to be better friends with her and we are kinda friends already, so i thought 'what better way to deepen the friendship a little', plus she had said something open about herself a few weeks ago. She agreed with me, and then Lin san joined us, so the three of us arranged to go sightseeing together on Saturday morning. Really nice to know I have that! And actually getting back here it was fine; I've just eaten and now am doing some kanji practice. I feel a bit disheartened that my kanji is really bad. I really struggle to remember them. But I must practice because otherwise that will always be my weak point, and I won't even pass the course if that is too weak (despite being strong in speaking and grammer, comparitively!)

Also, it was one of my classmate's birthday's today. Her parents have flown over from Switzerland for it. I presented her with a card and small present of some chopsticks, and she seemed really thrilled, so that was nice for me as she is cool.

1 Comments:

  • Hey Henri,

    It must be getting cold all across the world! It's cold here. One day sunny - the next day snow! Did you have a good time sight seeing? Hope it was fun. What are you cooking these days?

    I loved my snoopy flannel :) Thank you lovely! The photo's cool too. I made a little thing with it - mybe I'll take a foto and show you! I quite like it - it fits in my little Harris Tweed wallet!

    Miss you. Those lonely times come and go I've ofound - out here in foreign places! It's nice that we both seem to be finding our home and friendships in these new lands! I'm excited to be here - but definatley miss my loved ones.

    How are your Mum and Dad?

    See ya later.

    Hey - what are you doing for Christmas?

    Lots of Love, Beth x

    I'll write a letter soon!

    By Blogger beth smith, At Thursday, November 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home