Life of an English Hen

Saturday, November 18, 2006

END-OF-THE-WEEK WAYS TO RELAX!

I haven't written for a while, but now the occasion is that I'm just quite pleased to be this relaxed on a Friday night. I have just 'got back' from being in Kare's room, just down the corridoor, and it's ten to two in the morning! admittAbly I was only invited in there at about 12.30pm, to help fix her heater, but that suited me well too! we chatted, saw some of her photos from her year so far in japan and her life before (quite long before some of them, even baby photos!)

I also had a good time last sunday, where I was priveledged to be invited into someone's home for a meal. I was going sightseeing with my new friend from football, and her auntie (a Japanese lady) asked me if I was busy that evening. so after our rather cold tour round the local sites, we descended on her house and had hot tea made Japanese style (it's made with green powder and is made with a whipping action, like with cream). and enjoyed the heat of the fire on a sunday afternoon, and learnt origami. I will try to attach a picture of my creations.

This evening I played football and gave the boys as good as I got... most of the time. There's a nice guy called Fred who's at my language school, a JET teacher, some other englush teachers, plus lots of nice Japanese guys too. and today we were even joined by two very good Japanese girls. My team leader Chang Kyu also came, which was pretty interesting and I think it's good.

Ok, better get to bed. It's been a hard week so I am pleased to finish it on a good note!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home