Life of an English Hen

Saturday, December 02, 2006

My schedule - wanting to be disclosed!

I now have a busy life here. So thought I would share it with you, dear readers, but now can't upload the table I created in Word to do this.if i try and copy and paste it loses its nice (and essential) formatting. Shame! anyone got any bright ideas?

Anyway... today I had a very socialable and enjoyable day. After class... actually let's start with class first... I got 85% in the test I sat yesterday! They are very quick to mark things here! I was pleased with my mark; I had wanted around 90, but no more, in case I was shunted up to the next class, away from the people I'm getting to know in my current one! so 85 is a reasonably good mark :-)

Every Friday I have lunch with four girls; it's always something I now look forward to. We eat Chinese, as there's a great, large, quite cheap, Chinese restaurant near our school, plus they're all from China or Taiwan so appreiciate the food! after that, today we extended it with a trip to buy doughnuts (at which point i said my brothers nickname for my sister had been 'doughnut' as a child, which they found very strange.. and funny..), and my friend Lin bought a custard one (at which point I chirped up again - that I'd had a cat in Uganda called 'Custard') - at which point they were very eager to know what my nickname might have been! I agreed to 'Cream', seeing as I'd bought a cream doughnut, as I wasn't going to disclose any more!!

And after that I went back to the toshokan.. that is the library... and watched a Japanese film - very funny - that one of the girls had recommended in class the other day. Called Water Boys. Seeing as our library has free DVDs to watch on thier TVs their, wearing earphones, I'd like to watch one a week, to hear Japanese and get some familiarity with Japanese popular culture, as it is a little... actually a LOT ... different to Britain!

And then this evening I played football... in the cold.... and then after that Mirabelle and I went for something to eat, as she wanted something, and we had such a lovely chat and laughed so much, comparing stories from our language schools, and experiences of Japanese, French and English life! she lives with her auntie and cousins, as she's half-Japanese (but from Paris). We've arranged another get-together for Thursday night.

Ok, gonna go now.. I spend time on the computer as it's my way to 'feel connected', and be entertained, but finally there is a time for bed too, and I think 1am should do it for tonight!

Oh yes, very excited, as Hanae has invited me to stay with her in Tokyo over Christmas. I won't accept that, as need and want to be here then, but maybe before if that is also OK with her. she is also very excited - we haven't seen each other since she left Oxford about a year and a half ago. it will be LOVELY to see her... one of my little dreams for being here really...

1 Comments:

  • hello you seem to be having a great time. With regard to formating have a look in Google services. Funny reading about Sunday when it's still Saturday Chris

    By Blogger Chrissy2sheds, At Sunday, December 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home