Life of an English Hen

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Catching up on....

I've been reminded that I haven''t written for a while. Life has been good though! Today I saw my Thai friend for the afternoon; we sat in the university cafe and studied Japanese together. On Saturday I have a BBQ with my classmates, on the river bank.

On Thursday mornings now I study the Bible in the mornings, just for an hour, but in a simplified Japanese version! It is my favourite time of the week - time in my room, with the sun coming in, at an unrushed pace. The rest of the week is filled with language learning, I have started teaching the tea ceremony lady English once a fortnight or week, seeing special people, the church prayer meeting and of course church services. Last Friday I went to an Omatsuri with Masako san. It wasnt much fun to see "God" paraded round in a box on stilts, but it was a good "cultural experience" I guess and it was nice to hang out with Masako and her son. He ate quantities of noodles and funny pasta.

My parents head to Caterham to see my brother, sister-in-law, nieces, and my auntie this week, followed by Woodbridge, Suffolk for another uncle plus a visit from my sister. I realised I carry round the world a lot of funny things when I was able to look out the contact card of a resturant in Woodbridge, and give my mum their phone number to book a meal! from Japan!

OK, thats me for now, will write again soon!

1 Comments:

  • wow! How big is your handbag..that is amazing. Good to read your blog. Must get something set up over here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Wednesday, May 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home