Life of an English Hen

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

So, nothing much then.

Now I'm not sure what I've been doing, but obviously not writing my blog for a while! But come to think, maybe I have been quite busy...
*Yes, I hosted my friend Toni from Barnstaple for a week. We saw all sorts of things together in Kyoto and Hiroshima.
*Last night I hosted Rosanne Jones, the (UCCF) lady who was a big step in me getting here! She asked lots of good questions and even managed to sleep in my room and sit on the floor round my Japanese-style low table for breakfast, which was quite some feat. She also managed to wear one my slippers and one of her own this morning without realising (maybe she didnt sleep so well after all!), and also got shut in a room this morning (holding her coffee in-limbo) by me in a fright on hearing footseps approaching up the stairs,as I wasnt really supposed to have the key for that room in the first place! That'll teach me!
*I've preached a sermon! Which went Ok I think! And been blessed by God through it mseylf and through what he teaches us about gudiance in the Bible.
* And I did NOT enjoy my biggest earthquake ever as I practiced the sermon in an empty church! (being real here. i was preparing to scarper, heart pounding, shoes at the ready.)
* I started back at language school and have 14 new classmates, 1 old classmate, and three new teachers. Oh, and some new vocabularly to learn!
*I hosted two welcome parties for the new students in my halls/dorm-house. They went off very well!
*I have caught three colds in three weeks.
*I have been to the famous Himeji castle and had a conversation with a missionary from a different religion under the cherry blossoms there, and received his literature while explaining the theme of Amazing Grace as the band chottled it out!
*I have not had a proper day off (to myself) for about three weeks now. But on the other hand I have had good times with friends.
*I have met the tea ceremony teacher who I will teach English to. She has a church history too which is, wow, unexpected.
*I have enjoyed reading Joshua each day, of the story of the Israelites entering the promised land. Wow, they had to be so obedient to God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home