Life of an English Hen

Monday, August 27, 2007

Thankful

I'm just remembering God's goodness to me in such small ways over the past few years.

For example, when I went to Bulstrode (January-March 2006), there was a small sign on my door. It was this funny chicken, hanging off the door. As I use hens to characature myself, it just showed me that God wanted me there - on Candidates Course with WEC, in that room. No-one had put it here for my benefit; only God knew. And the card Laura, my mentor, gave me when I left, said how she'd had a picture of me on a roof or hill overlooking a city in the early morning, and that I could ask God for that city, as Abraham did for the promised land. When I arrived at my 'dorm' here, I used to go up to our roof in the early mornings, overlooking the roofs of Kyoto, to pray there, and it was only after about a month of doing that that I re-read Laura's card to me and realised it was true! These give me courage that God listens to our prayers and communicates with us today. Lately he's been speaking to me through the theatre, through movies, through friends' words cutting through me, through preaching from the Bible. Today Michael Ross-Watson prayed for me (he told me), from Singapore, and I benfitted, hugely. And as people pray for me, and I pray for others, we can only believe that these prayers are heard in the heavens and work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home