Life of an English Hen

Friday, January 08, 2010

Cleaning Shoes

My dad used to clean my shoes. Most weeks while I was living at home, at school it happened, and once even when I was again briefly living at home, aged 31. I would come down in the morning and there my clean shoes would be, sitting neatly and black-again on the doormat, or I'd see him in the evening out in the cold utility room brushing away. And that is one thing I praise my dad for, and love him for.

Now what kind of polish do I need to buy, anyone?!

5 Comments:

  • At most shoe stores you can buy these foam-like pads, that already have polish in them. You simply wipe your shoe down with these pads, and viola: perfectly polished!

    By Blogger The Sunday Artist, At Saturday, February 20, 2010  

  • Dear English Hen,
    How do I follow your blog?
    Please add the option from the list of gadgets.
    -Bhanu(aka theguywhowrote)
    http://iwritemymindout.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger theguywhowrote, At Sunday, March 07, 2010  

  • this isn't really about shoes, but i just wanted to tell you that you are a good writer.

    God bless you as you continue to write. i've got a blog on here, too, but i don't wanna tell anyone who knows me because i don't want to feel like i have to write a certain way. make sense? i just want it to be honest feelings. yours is great for that!

    By Blogger everydayjane, At Tuesday, March 09, 2010  

  • Sheesh, my dad doesnt seem to do anything.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Friday, April 02, 2010  

  • If your dad loves you really, You will buy a shoes factory for you

    By Anonymous Arif Ammar, At Thursday, April 08, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home