Life of an English Hen

Friday, December 08, 2006

The List of 4s

An idea nicked from a friend or two.
four jobs i have had in my life:
1. IFES Development Officer
2. WHSmith customer assistant
3. Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Chamionships Security Guard
4. University receptionist

four movies i would watch over and over:
1. Hideous Kinky
2. Lost in Translation
3. Save the Last Dance
4. any about horse racing

four places i have lived:
1. Devon
2. Uganda
3. Swansea
4. Cardiff

four tv shows i love to watch:
1. Question Time (get me!)
2. Neighbours (I know, embarrassing)
3. Eastenders (I know, depressing)
4. My Family

four places i have been on vacation:
1. Kyrgyzstan
2. Italy
3. the Netherlands
4. Suffolk!

four of my favorite foods:
1. Prawn Cocktail flavour Walkers crisps
2. Biscuit Boost (boost boost, biscuit boost!)
3. Macoroni cheese
4. Mum's walnut icing cake

four places i would like to be right now:
1. hanging out with Yuki in some traditional Japanese restaurant in Schijo (down the road)
2. at a dinner party with Tom and Elaine, Sophie, Tim and Simon
3. at home with Mum and Dad, in the sitting room, with TV on and ginger tea and choccie biccie in my hands
4. in the Sahara, at night, under the stars, standing apart from the camp and the camels, as I did this once, and it was awesome

four books i'd read again:
1. Out of the Saltshaker and Into the World
2. The Naughtiest Girl in the School
3. Dicey's Song
4. Kings, in The Bible (love it! unusual i know)

four songs i listen to over and over:
1. Baby Can I Hold You (Tracey Chapman)
2. Hallelujah, Your Love Makes Me Sing!
3. Talking 'Bout a Revolution (Tracey Chapman)
4. Come, Now is the Time to Worship

four things i do (sometimes) which i shouldn't:
1. plan the seating plan for my wedding reception (never mind that i'm not nearly there yet!)
2. stay in bed in the morning for too long, esp when its cold!
3. allow myself to feel miserable or complain - which is a sin
4. feel like i bear the responsibility of a decision- which is wrong as God does if I let him

four things that motivate me:
1. praise and encouragement
2. Len Bartlotti
3. the great commission, to fulfill 'all peoples' on earth being part of the multicoloured singing congregation before God (as I picture it!!) forever
4. having things to do

four places i'd like to go:
1. Shanghai, overlooking the river
2. Chile, overlooking the lake with the mountains around
3. Fez in Morocco, an ancient stone city
4. a self-designed route of the trans-Siberian highway, including Uzbekistan and Nepal

four things i hate:
1. bad and slow customer service
2. being made to feel unimportant, (when God deems me important)
3. when people are over-Christian, and can't take compliments without referring to God's complete responsibility for the event, or who narrow down what is 'christian' enough to talk about in certain settings
4. feeling confused between choices in a decision

four random things i love:
1. autumn leaves
2. wrapping up christmas presents, knelt on the floor of my room
3. buying flights over the internet; such a buzz!
4. walking through the woods, chatting with a female friend I haven't seen for a while

tag. you're it. comment when you've blogged your own fours!

2 Comments:

  • Hi :) Sorry I've not been in touch for ages. Definatley you are in my thoughts though. Have you ever seen Hidalgo? It's about an arabian horse race with a mustang and a half native american 'cowboy' It's cool! It's a true story too. Almost like a comic book story though - or an old Rupert story adventure!

    How are you? You sound quite lively and social and active. I'm sure there's plenty going on - and plenty thoughts and emotions through the whole realising a new life in a different culture yet. My spirit keeps on seeking out answers and wondering about how to live out the life here. I'm wanting less of me - and more of the Lords inspiration.

    Hope you are well. Simons handshake/hug of fellowship is cool isn't it? Oh - that reminds me - I seemed to have dissapeared off of Plagnet WEC....

    See ya then. I'd be well up for going for a walk through the forrest and talking about a million things!

    Love, Beth x

    By Blogger beth smith, At Saturday, December 09, 2006  

  • Hi Henri!

    I'd also love to be at a dinner party with you and Simon and Tom & Elaine right now!! Sounds great fun and I hope we can do it sometime for real...It would also be lovely to walk through the woods with you and talk about lots of things! Miss you, take care,

    Sophie x

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At Monday, December 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home