Life of an English Hen

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ups and Downs

We've had our WEC meet-up day today, which consisted of a bring-and-share meal, a time of lessons and carols around a candlelit table, reflecting on the peace that God can bring us even in stormy times, and also a time of testimonmies of how God has been working in our lives, and games! My favourite game from my childhood was included - wrapping someone in toilet roll so they look like a mummy! Unfortunately our team didn't win, but Bee Chou looked pretty funny!

It's also been a time of some soul-searching on some levels. Unfortunuately a good friend lost her 3-month expected-baby/foetus, and although it doesn't affect me personally, as a friend I am sad and feel for them and this loss. I also had some frustrations getting to the day today, as I didn't organise myself in time and so had to take a lenghty transport route by myself. But saying that, coming back was worse, in the car, as it's such a long way that I felt very travel sick. So trains work better for me! Lastly, I've been a bit disappointed recently that still, despite Jesus saying that now there are no national barriers between us, someone has refused to offer me counsel and oversight as I am not the same nationality. This makes me sad - that I am not seen worthy of or precious enough for this oversight; that other barriers are seeming greater than our brotherhood in Christ.

What is good? Well I've been offered some bedding which will really help me. I was also given speakers when I first arrived, by the same people, and this has been brilliant. I have Edi who wants willingly and lovingly to help me where she can and where appropriate. I had a good chat with Louisa today and over the Christmas break, and as she is soon leaving Japan that has been good. I have some precious friends back home, plus Martin tries to be the best leader he can here. I have been valuing my own sister (and brother) which is a really fantastic thing. I delight that my brother has a new house, and such a lovely wife. And they care and pray for me!

So lots of good, and some discouragement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home