Life of an English Hen

Saturday, January 13, 2007

New Year

Well language school has started again and it's back to seeing the same people on a daily basis (like all of us all over the world in our respective jobs, I know!) Today it's sunny and not too cold here, although colder than Britain from what I hear.

I finally passed a kanji test! I had to retake one that I didn't pass first time, and when you know the answers second time round it is so much easier! I have a few new year's resolutions - like to walk home from school (pushing my bike), so that I can spend that 30 minutes with God and praying for people I know here. I see the benefits of a disciplined life, from two of my co-workers here. And I also see that it crops up in the Bible - the apostle Paul praises churches for this.

I had a slight falling out with my 'team leaders' here, but I think that has now been resolved, although we could probably chat more about it if they were open to that. I thought they were (already) my team leaders, but I found out (a bit late!) that actually while I am on 'language study', I am part of their church but not actually part of the team. This wasn't the original issue we were discussing, but when this came up it suddenly seemed more dominant in my mind. So now I really want to concentrate on language as that is my main focus!

I had an enjoayble birthday last Monday. The night before, I invited most of my female friends out to dinner, and just two came, but it was a very jolly and fun time. My friend Mirabelle (from France) made me laugh a lot, and Yuki (from Kyoto) was very easy company. The day itself I met up with Mikiko and family for a day walking round the city and eating lunch out... I even enjoyed Dutch waffles for afternoon tea in a department store cafe! I must remember that one and go again!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home